POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 14, 2020
Taxidermist (NOC Code 5212)
Company: Advanced Taxidermy & Wildlife Design Ltd. / Advanced Taxidermy
Business Information: Advanced Taxidermy has been in business for over 25 years established in 1986. Inspired by nature, hunting and fishing, and being avid fishermen and hunters brought the idea of Advanced Taxidermy to life. Advanced Taxidermy does a full line of taxidermy; including big game, life size mounts, shoulder mounts, tanning, birds, mammals, reptiles, fish as well as recreations and reproductions. This is not limited to sculpture, carving dioramas, trophy rooms, murals, as well as custom carpentry.
Business Address: 3630 King Street, Caledon, ON, L7C 0R5
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare and mount skins of animals, especially mammals, for preservation, scientific or display purposes.
- Skinning, fleshing, tanning, fitting hide to forms, making form alterations, mounting hide to the form.
- Habitat creation and placement of mounts in habitat.
- Assist in the research, handling and storage of inventory: birds, mammals, reptiles, fish.
- Prepare reports.
- Classify and assign registration numbers and supervise inventory control.
- Completing work in a timely manner.
Education: Completion of a college program in museum technology or conservation technology or other technical or on-the-job training programs related to the work is required.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Taxidermist is required.
- Must have experience with life size mammals, shoulder mounts of mammals, as well as recreations and reproductions.
- Experience with birds, reptiles and fish would be an asset .
- Must be artistic, have either schooling, have completed seminars or demonstrated artistic ability is required.
- A taxidermist recognized in the taxidermy community is preferred.
- Manual dexterity and attention to details are required.
Salary: $20.35 – $25.00 per hour ; 40-44 Hours per week
Important information: Two shifts available from Monday to Friday and Tuesday to Saturday. The most common schedule will be 8:30 am until 5:00pm. At least two days off per week. Overtime is optional.
Benefits: Bonus depending on business performance. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Accommodation available at a discounted rate.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by e-mail to: 3630 King Street, Caledon, ON, L7C 0R5
Apply by fax to: 905-838-4123